Today is World Password Day! Here are some 7 Top Tips from NIS
Here are some top tips for making the safest password for you and your business
- A strong password should be a combination of characters such as commas, per cent signs, upper-case letters, lower-case letters and numbers.
- Make your password as long as possible, to make it extremely tedious for any attacker to crack your password
- First write up a random passphrase and then going letter by letter keep adding either a upper-case letter, a number or a symbol.
- Do not use obvious details like your name, date of birth, place where you live in the password. All of that can easily be discovered online.
- To keep your online identity safe and secure, you need to keep changing your passwords at regular intervals. And never use the same password again.
- Enable two-factor authentication. This will help you even if your password gets compromised.
- Do not keep one password for all your accounts, as it will become the master key to your life, which if lost, will have serious consequences.